In the Netherlands in 30% of the companies people regularly work with hazardous substances. Handling and contact with these substances regularly leads to unwanted health effects for these employees. Workers for example have a higher chance on health effects like eye- and skin irritation, impaired fertility, respiratory problems and dizziness. The ECTS offers a unique combination of knowledge on hazardous substances ánd practical experience. Our goal is supporting employers, workers and government in monitoring, protecting and promoting workers health related to working with hazardous substances.
Working with hazardous substances
Does your organization, branch or sector work with hazardous substances? Then we are your partner in identifying and minimizing those risks for your company, enabling you to undertake responsible and safe business. Please contact us for:
- In-depth risk assessment and evaluation of hazardous substances, e.g. using RI&Eonline.
- Tailored advice on hazardous materials regulations, exposure assessment, implementation of control measures, risk communication and education.
- The specific assessment of health risks from hazardous substances in various exposure situations. This assessment can be performed by personal exposure measurements, using exposure models or by biological monitoring.
- Deriving company specific occupational exposure limits for hazardous substances.
- Developing risk communication tools for your company or industry, including the use of video exposure monitoring methods (PIMEX).
- The development of (automated) tools for the practical management of your hazardous materials and assessment of exposure and risk (registration, RI&E, Action Plan, workplace instruction cards, storage of hazardous substances).
- Analysis and solving problems in regard to outbreaks of health complains due to exposure to hazardous substances or biological factors.
- Developing and validating best-practice work methods and production methods to help workers handle hazardous substances as responsible and safely if possible.
- Advice and guidance on the implementation of the REACH legislation.
- Performing a risk assessment and evaluation of nanomaterials.
For more information and other specific services please visit the other topics of this website or contact Koen Verbist (firstname.lastname@example.org
/ +31 (0)6-5250 0028).